2020 REGINA BROWN UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT FELLOWSHIPS
DEADLINE: Applications and all Letters of Recommendation must be submitted by October 9, 2019 (11:59pm EDT)
For questions about the Student Fellowships please contact: email@example.com
NCECA is pleased to announce the 21st Annual Regina Brown Undergraduate Student Fellowships! The purpose of this fellowship is to foster and catalyze undergraduates’ capacities to expand awareness and deepen knowledge in the ceramic arts through learning, intellectual inquiry, and creative research.
Fellowship recipients will be notified of their selection in late autumn 2019 and announced during the closing ceremonies of the 2020 conference. The student must make a project proposal for use of the $1,800.00 award (cannot include payment of tuition) and must submit additional materials as specified in the Application Process. A maximum of three awards may be made, of which $900.00 is mailed following the return of the signed agreement. The balance of $900.00 is paid when a project report with images is submitted and approved.
In order to be considered for a Student Fellowship, eligible persons must be a current NCECA Student Member. Membership is a standalone annual fee. NCECA Membership fees are not included in any event registration. If you are unsure of your Membership status, please LOGIN to your Member Profile which contains your expiration date. To renew or become a member of NCECA, go to: www.nceca.net/membership/
***IMPORTANT***Although the system that supports this submission form does not currently include an active word counter, NCECA asks all applicants to note and adhere to word count limitations that are identified in open fields.
The best way to do this for most applicants will be to compose responses to these open fields first utilizing the word-processing software on your computer or device and take advantage of the included word-counting tools.
Once composed, proofed, and counted, you can copy your text from your local word processing software into the appropriate fields in the form. Please note that in some instances, special characters copied from word processing platforms may be converted in the form system. For this reason, we caution applicants on the use of special characters where not absolutely necessary.
NCECA reserves the right to exclude applications that disregard word count limits and to edit any and all text submitted for reasons ranging from space allocation to style, fluency of language, and grammatical concerns.
All applications must be submitted using NCECA’s Online Submittal process (a link to the form is provided below). Applicants are strongly advised to prepare the following BEFORE starting the online submission process. Your online submittal form must include the following or it will not be considered:
- Name/contact information will auto-populate once you access the form in the NCECA database.
- Proposed Research Project description (LIMIT 500 words)
The project must be supportive of your goals as a ceramic artist. Clearly state your objectives, how the award will be used to fulfill those objectives, an itemized budget (See Excel Template below) and the anticipated impact the fellowship will have on your work. Awards may not be used for tuition.
- Short Project description (LIMIT 100 words)
- Budget Excel spreadsheet (download template) Link to https://nceca.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Fellowship-Budget-Template-7.25.14.xlsx
- Name, City, and State of School/Institution currently attending
- Cumulative Undergraduate GPA
- Transcripts (official/unofficial) One required, two allowed. (Upload as.doc, .docx or .pdf, not to exceed 2MB)
- EXACTLY 10 images (upload as JPG ONLY – each image no larger than 800 KB)
Required information for each image:
Artists name, title of work, date, image description, clay type, firing method, dimensions (H, W, D in inches)
- Recommenders’ information to include: Name, Institution, best phone, email, and relation to student.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation – One from a current instructor and one from another instructor or professional ceramist. Please request your letters in a timely fashion allowing enough time for your recommenders to complete and submit their Letters of Recommendation by October 9, 2019 (11:59pm EDT)******All Letters of Recommendation are to be emailed confidentially by the Recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org For ease of communication, please include these instructions when requesting letters from your recommenders.
- Letters of Recommendation are to be emailed confidentially by the Recommenders to email@example.com by October 9, 2019 (11:59pm EST).
- Email subject line is to be formatted as
Student Last name_First name_2020 RBUSF
- The letter may be attached as .doc, .docx, or .pdf ONLY.
The Nominations and Awards Committee includes a member of NCECA’s Executive Committee, one Director at Large, one Student Director at Large, an Honorary Member or Fellow of the Council, and one member at large appointed by the president. Proposals will be selected based on the creativity of the project, the impact the award will have on the student’s work and development, the quality of work presented, and the nature of the recommendation letters. The committee will review submissions and notify applicants by: December 1, 2019.
Form coming soon!
NCECA recommends using Google Chrome or Firefox when using forms on this site. Some forms do not respond well to Internet Explorer or Safari.