2017 Process Room Program Proposal
THEME: Future Flux
The 51st Annual NCECA Conference takes place in Portland, Oregon
March 22-25, 2017
DEADLINE: May 4, 2016, 11:59pm MST (CLOSED)
NCECA seeks Process Room proposals that have conceptual resonance with Future Flux, the theme of NCECA’s 51th Annual Conference centered in Portland, Oregon
NCECA reviews and selects programming from proposals submitted from the field as an important component of conference planning. Additionally, NCECA reserves the right to curate and develop programming that strengthens the quality and range of experiences related to the conference theme, sense of place, and other strategic objectives.
TOPICS FOR PROPOSALS
The 51st annual NCECA conference takes place in Portland, Oregon in March 2017. NCECA seeks for proposals for 30- minute maker presentations. Selected Process Room presenters will each demonstrate a singular clay-working or decorating process. NCECA reserves the right to solicit Process Room presentations from the field at large to round out the program.
The processes in the list below are only suggested processes and techniques. Please feel free to propose any new and innovative ideas that you might have.
Gold Leaf Techniques
Altering Thrown Forms
All proposals must be submitted using NCECA’s Online Submittal process. A link to the form is provided below. Please read the information below to prepare for your online Submittal. Your online submittal form must include the following or it will not be considered. (Only .doc, .docx, .JPEG or .PDF files will be accepted)
• Resume (2 page limit, upload as .doc, .docx or .pdf, not to exceed 2MB)
• Short Bio (Up to 300 characters)
• Head shot (upload as jpg, 100dpi 2”x3”)
• Presentation title – Up to 30 characters including spaces.
• Proposal abstract describing the process/technique – Up to 1800 character including spaces
• Program guide description – Up to 300 characters including spaces (If your proposal is accepted, this will be printed in the Program Guide)
• Images of proposed process/technique – Up to 10 (Only images that directly reference the actual proposal)
Image details to include:
• Image (Need link to Image Preparation Guideline)
• Image Title
• Relevance to presentation – Up to 300 characters
• Brief Image description – Up to 300 characters – to include Artist name, type of clay, firing, date of piece, dimensions (H x W x D)
Introductions – Is there a special mentor, colleague or friend who attends the conference that you would like to recommend to provide an introduction to your presentation? (NCECA reserves the right to assign individuals to introduce presentations when this field is left blank or the recommended person is unavailable.) Please provide his/her Name, Cell phone, Email
NCECA Membership fees are not included in event registration. Membership requires payment of an annual fee. CLICK HERE to apply for or renew your membership. If you are unsure of your Membership status, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NCECA recommends using Google Chrome or Firefox when using forms on this site. Some forms do not respond well to Internet Explorer or Safari.
If you have questions about the process Room, please email: email@example.com