THE NCECA GRADUATE STUDENT FELLOWSHIP
DEADLINE: Applications and all Letters of Recommendation must be submitted by October 24, 2018 (11:59pm EDT) (CLOSED)
For questions about the Student Fellowships please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NCECA is pleased to announce the 15th NCECA Graduate Student Fellowships. They will be presented next spring at our annual conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota, March 27-30, 2019. NCECA’s purpose is to promote and improve the ceramic arts through education, research and creative practice.
The student must make a project proposal for use of the $2,000.00 award (cannot include payment of tuition) and must submit additional materials as specified in the Application Process. A maximum of three awards may be made, of which $1,000.00 is mailed following the end of conference. The balance of $1000.00 is paid when a project report with images is submitted and approved.
This is an annual fellowship open to current NCECA Student Members who are full-time graduate students matriculated in a degree program at an accredited college, university or art institute in the U.S. at the time of the application deadline. The student must have at least one (1) complete semester or two (2) quarters remaining in Master’s program AFTER receipt of the award at the NCECA Minneapolis conference.
In order to be considered for a Student Fellowship, eligible persons must be a current NCECA Student Member. Membership is a standalone annual fee. NCECA Membership fees are not included in any event registration. If you are unsure of your Membership status, please login to your Member Profile which contains your expiration date or contact email@example.com. To renew or become a member of NCECA, go to: www.nceca.net/membership/
***IMPORTANT***Although the system that supports this submission form does not currently include an active word counter, NCECA asks all applicants to note and adhere to word count limitations that are identified in open fields.
The best way to do this for most applicants will be to compose responses to these open fields first utilizing the word-processing software on your computer or device and take advantage of the included word-counting tools.
Once composed, proofed, and counted, you can copy your text from your local word processing software into the appropriate fields in the form. Please note that in some instances, special characters copied from word processing platforms may be converted in the form system. For this reason, we caution applicants on the use of special characters where not absolutely necessary.
NCECA reserves the right to exclude applications that disregard word count limits and to edit any and all text submitted for reasons ranging from space allocation to style, fluency of language, and grammatical concerns.
All applications must be submitted using NCECA’s Online Submittal process (a link to the form is provided below). Your ONLINE submittal form must include the following or it will not be considered. (Only .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdx .jpg files will be accepted):
- Proposed Research Project description (LIMIT 500 words)
The project must be supportive of your goals as a ceramic artist. Clearly state your objectives, how the award will be used to fulfill those objectives, an itemized budget (See Excel Template below) and the anticipated impact the fellowship will have on your work. Awards may not be used for tuition.
- Project Abstract (LIMIT 100 words)
- Budget Excel spreadsheet (download template) Link to https://nceca.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Fellowship-Budget-Template-7.25.14.xlsx
- Name, City and State of School/Institution currently attending
- Cumulative Undergraduate and Graduate GPAs
- Transcripts (official/unofficial) One undergraduate and one graduate transcript required, up to four allowed. (Upload as.doc, .docx or .pdf, not to exceed 2MB)
- EXACTLY 10 images (upload as jpg only – each image no larger than 800 KB)
Required information for each image:
Title, image description, clay type, firing method, date, dimensions (H, W, D)
- Recommenders’ information to include: Name, Institution, best phone, email and relation to student.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation – One from a current instructor and one from another instructor or professional ceramist. Please request your letters in a timely fashion allowing enough time for your recommenders to complete and submit their Letters of Recommendation by October 24, 2018 (11:59pm EDT)
******All Letters of Recommendation are to be emailed confidentially by the Recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org For ease of communication, please include these instructions when requesting letters from your recommenders.
- Letters of Recommendation are to be emailed confidentially by the Recommenders to email@example.com by October 24, 2018 (11:59pm EDT).
- Email subject line is to be formatted as
Student Last name_First name_2019 Grad Fellowship
- The letter may be attached as .doc, .docx, or .pdf ONLY.
The Nominations Committee includes the Steward of the Board, one Director at Large, one Student Director at Large, an Honorary Member or Fellow of the Council, and one member at large appointed by the president. Proposals will be selected based on the creativity of the project, the impact the award will have on the student’s work and development, the quality of work presented, and the nature of the recommendation letters. The committee will review submissions and notify applicants by: December 1, 2018.
NCECA recommends using Google Chrome or Firefox when using forms on this site. Some forms do not respond well to Internet Explorer or Safari.