NCECA International Residency Partner Programs
2018 NCECA International Residency Partner Programs
DEADLINE: January 10, 2018
NCECA International Residency Awards support projects that are approximately one month in duration, to occur between April 2018 and March 2019. Residency dates vary; check details below.
For 2018, NCECA is pleased to partner with:
FORMA at La Meridiana
Ceramic Residency at ASP Wroclaw, Poland
Scroll to the bottom of the page for important information about ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION PROCESS, ADJUDICATION, and AWARDEE BENEFITS AND REQUIREMENTS
The purpose of NCECA is to promote and improve the ceramic arts through education, research and creative practice. One of the many ways that NCECA supports its members is by providing opportunities to engage in international programs. Intercultural exchange of ideas and methods is critical to evolution of individual artists who through their immersion and experimentation, absorb and sometimes transform influences of other artists and their cultures. NCECA has participated in programs in Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe and South America. Global interface will continue to play an important role in NCECA’s efforts to sustain and advance a vibrant ceramic art and education community.
The award amount available for 2018 will be $3750.00 per residency. Partnering residency centers are expected to support the artists through in-kind and/ or monetary support subject to their available resources. Prior to submitting an application, artists should visit and review the residency websites below to learn about each program’s costs, facilities, unique experiences, and application requirements.
Application materials may include the following items but each application process may be different; Letter of Intent, Artist statement, Resume/CV, 10 images, etc.
A four-week residency is available only June l0 – July 7 OR October 21 – November 17, 2018
International Visa is not required from the USA (but from some other countries like India, South Africa or other)
In addition to airfare, the approximate total cost for a four-week residency is $4600.00 (plus $300-$500 winter months). La Meridiana will provide up to $1500 in-kind support and NCECA has budgeted $3750.00; the selected artist is responsible for costs beyond the budgeted amount; Studio fees, services, firing fees, miscellaneous expenses. This cost is only an estimate and could change depending on varying factors such as material/firing usage, food consumption, and travel distance. In-kind support provided by residency is for specified items and amounts.
Application to include a letter of intent with a description of the work you intend to undertake, the materials envisaged to use, a short CV and up to 10 images of your work emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
SUBJECT LINE: 2018 NCECA INTL Partner Residency – La Meridiana
Ceramic Residency at ASP Wroclaw, Poland
Director: Michal Puszczynski, Phd
Primary Contact: Michal Puszczynski, Phd
The Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw
Plac Polski 3/4
A four-week residency is available only September 15 – October 15, 2018
International Visa is required.
Approximate total cost for a four-week residency is $4800.00. ASP Wroclaw will provide up to $1500 in-kind support and NCECA has budgeted $3750.00; the selected artist is responsible for costs beyond the budgeted amount; materials, firing fees, miscellaneous expenses. This cost is only an estimate and could change depending on varying factors such as material/firing usage, food consumption, and travel distance. In-kind support provided by residency is for specified items and amounts. Email an artist statement, CV, 10 images of art works, and a letter of intent with proposal of residency to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
SUBJECT LINE: 2018 NCECA INTL Partner Residency – ASP Wroclaw
• Applicants must be NCECA Members. NCECA’s Membership fee is separate and in addition to fees for conference and event registration.” CLICK HERE to apply for or renew your membership. If you are unsure of your Membership status, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Artists may apply for ONLY one international residency award per year.
• Past recipients of NCECA’s International Residency award are required to wait two full years before applying for an additional residency. Submissions from recent International Residency award winners will be excluded from consideration.
Please reference: 2018 NCECA INTL Partner Residency (insert host institution name)
**** Please copy the application email to email@example.com
Selections will be made by the host residency. Notification to be sent in February 2018.
The Resident Artist is required to sign an agreement to terms and conditions stating that reimbursements to artists will be made only following completion of the residency and delivery to NCECA of a written report with images from the experience. The report will be submitted in the form of a blog post to be shared on the NCECA website.
• Allowable expenses include airfare, direct costs of the residency such as materials, firing fees, housing, food, or other similar expenses.
• No more than $750 of the budgeted amount will be paid prior to travel to the residency as reimbursement for airfare/partial airfare.
• Up to but no more than the remaining $3000 of the budgeted amount will be used to pay any monies owed to the Residency Partner site and then reimburse the resident through a reimbursement process requiring artists to provide supporting documentation of expenses. Please submit ORIGINAL receipts for expenses.
• Resident Artists are responsible for all costs beyond the amount awarded.