March 20-23, 2013 Houston, TX
- Is Membership included in the conference registration fee?
No. The conference registration fees and membership fees are separate costs. You must be a current NCECA Member to qualify for Member pricing. To purchase a Membership and register for conference, select the type and add each one to your shopping cart.
- What are the dates for registration discounts and pre-Conference registration?
Early-Bird Online registration starts October 9, 2012 and ends January 16, 2013 (midnight EST)
Mail-in registration forms must be post-marked by January 9, 2013
Advanced Online registration starts January 17, 2013 and ends February 27, 2013 (midnight EST)
Mail-in registration forms must be post-marked by February 20, 2013
- After Advanced Registration ends, conference registration will only be available beginning at Noon, March 19, 2013 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.
- What registration type is right for me?
Standard Registration type is for everyone who is not a student.
Premium NCECA members use this type (standard).
Student Registration type is for full-time undergraduate, graduate or post-baccalaureate students.
Transitional Registration type is for previous student members who have separated from their academic institution within the past 24 months.
- What does the Full registration pass cover?
The Full registration pass covers participation in all NCECA programming throughout the 4-day Conference taking place from March 20th through 23rd.
- What do I do when I arrive?
Upon arrival at the Convention Center, follow signs to NCECA. If you have pre-registered go directly to the pre-registration counter to pick up your conference materials that include a wristband, name badge, and conference bag containing program guide, promotional materials, and drawing entry forms. NCECA Member Journals will also be picked up at this time.
Registration Open Hours:
Tuesday, March 19
Wednesday, March 20
Thursday, March 21
Friday, March 22
Saturday March 23
- What is required to enter the Resource Hall and NCECA programming?
New this year: Wristbands will now be required to be worn at all times for entry into the Resource Hall and nearly all other NCECA conference programming. Exceptions will be the Projects Space and Gallery Expo areas and the keynote lecture on Wednesday evening, which will be open to the public.
Wristbands will be checked upon entry into all other NCECA programming rooms and halls.
Wristband Care and Policy:
- Wristbands will be applied to the wrist only by a conference staff person.
- If you purchased a full 4 day conference pass, your wristband will be valid for the 4 days of the NCECA conference.
- Take care of your new friend The Wristband! Do not cut, stretch, pull or customize your friendly wristband. Just let it hug your wrist throughout the conference fun.
- Those in possession of a fake or tampered wristband will not be able to enter NCECA programming.
- Wristbands are not transferable.
- Lost wristbands will be charged a $50 replacement fee and proof of payment is required.
- If you have questions or issues with your wristband, please see an NCECA staff person for assistance.
- What do I do if I lose by name badge?
Lost Name Badges will be charged a $5 fee and a photo ID is required for replacement.
- What do I do if I want to cancel my registration?
Cancellation Policy: All cancellation requests must be received in writing via mail or email by March 6, 2013 and are subject to a $40 processing fee. Cancellations received after March 6, 2013 are not eligible for a refund.
- What should I bring with me to NCECA?
We recommend that you print a copy of your purchase confirmation email and bring it with you to the event.
- How do I register for the Shuttle Bus Tours?
Registration for bus tours are handled by the company Lew White Tours not by NCECA. Please go to the Lew White Tours website to register. Details will be available starting early 2013.
As an attendee of the conference, you may be photographed and it may be used in future publications of NCECA.