THE REGINA BROWN UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT FELLOWSHIP
DEADLINE: February 3, 2015 (midnight MDT)
Please submit in a timely fashion to provide enough time for Recommenders to complete the Confidential Letter of Recommendation Upload form also by the deadline. Applications and all Letters of Recommendation must be submitted by February 3, 2015 (midnight MDT)
NCECA is pleased to announce the 16th Annual Regina Brown Undergraduate Student Fellowships! They will be presented next spring at our annual conference in Providence, Rhode Island. NCECA’s purpose is to promote and improve the ceramic arts through education, research and creative practice.
The student must make a project proposal for use of the $1,800.00 award (cannot include payment of tuition) and must submit additional materials as specified in the Application Process. A maximum of three awards may be made, of which $900.00 is mailed following the end of conference. The balance of $900.00 is paid when a project report with images is submitted and
In order to be considered for a Regina Brown Undergraduate Student Fellowship, eligible persons must be a current NCECA Student Member. Membership is a standalone annual fee. NCECA Membership fees are not included in any event registration. CLICK HERE to Join Now or Renew your membership.
- Proposed Research Project description (3000 character limit)
- The project must be supportive of your goals as a ceramic artist. Clearly state your objectives, how the award will be used to fulfill those objectives, an itemized budget (See Excel Template) and the anticipated impact the fellowship will have on your work. Awards may not be used for tuition.
- Project Abstract (600 character limit)
- Budget Excel spreadsheet (download template)
- Name, City and State of School/Institution currently attending
- Cumulative Undergraduate GPA
- Transcripts (official/unofficial) One required, up to four allowed.
(Upload as.doc, .docx or .pdf, not to exceed 2MB)
- Recommenders’ information to include: Name, Institution, best phone, email and relation to student
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation – One from a current instructor and one from another instructor or professional ceramist.
******All Letters of Recommendation are to be submitted confidentially by the Recommenders using the Confidential Letter of Recommendation Upload form by February 3, 2015 midnight MDT). A link to the form will be provided once the student has successfully submitted the application. It is the student’s responsibility to provide the link to Recommenders allowing enough time for Recommenders to complete and submit the Confidential Letter of Recommendation Upload form. Please alert the Recommenders there is a February 3, 2015 (midnight MDT) deadline.
- Exactly 10 images (upload as jpg only) Required information for each image:
Title, image description, clay type, firing method, date, dimensions (H, W, D)
For questions about the Student Fellowships please contact:
Patsy Cox, Nominations Committee Chair patsycoxnceca.@gmail.com 323-839-8103
For technical assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 303 828-2811 or 866 266-2322
Photo: Maura Wright, 2013 Regina Brown Undergraduate Fellowship recipient, Kansas City Art Institute, Kansas City, MO