NCECA International Residency Partner Programs
The Banff Centre – Visual Arts Creative Residency, Banff, Canada
International Ceramic Research Center – Guldagergaard, Denmark
Deadline to apply for NCECA Residency: December 2, 2015 -CLOSED
Scroll to the bottom of the page for important information about ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION PROCESS, ADJUDICATION, and AWARDEE BENEFITS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Banff Centre – Visual Arts Creative Residency
Box 1020, Banff, AB T1L 1H5 Canada
Primary Contact: Office of the Registrar +1.403.762.6180
Ceramics Facilities: https://www.banffcentre.ca/visual-digital-arts-facilities
A four-week residency is available May 2, 2016 – March 31st, 2017.
International Visa is required depending on country of origin.
Application fee: $60
Applications should be made through The Banff Centre Visual + Digital Arts Extended BAiR residency program. Please see https://www.banffcentre.ca/programs/extended-bair to apply. In the proposal applicants should specify their 1st and 2nd choice of 4 consecutive weeks during the available time period mentioned above, and that they are applying as part of the NCECA International Residency Award. Please check with residency host for more details on the application process.
Approximate total cost for a four-week residency is $4175.00. This cost is only an estimate and could vary depending on factors such as material/firing usage, food consumption, and travel distance. The Banff Centre will provide up to $1700 in-kind support for specified items and amounts, and internal use. The award amount from NCECA is capped at $3750.00. The selected artist is responsible for costs exceeding these amounts.International Ceramic Research Center – Guldagergaard
Heilmannsvej 31A, 4230 Skælskør Denmark
Primary Contact: Mette Marcher
A five-week residency is available April 2016 – March 2017.
International Visa is not required for US or Canadian citizens or EU.
Application fee: 150DKK (~ $25 USD)
Applications should be made through International Ceramic Research Center website
Approximate total cost for a five-week residency is $5250.00. This cost is only an estimate and could vary depending on factors such as material/firing usage, food consumption, and travel distance. ICRC will provide up to $1500 in-kind support for specified items and amounts, and internal use. The award amount from NCECA is capped at $3750.00. The selected artist is responsible for costs exceeding these amounts.
• Applicants must be NCECA Members. NCECA’s Membership fee is separate and in addition to fees for conference and event registration.” CLICK HERE to apply for or renew your membership. If you are unsure of your Membership status, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Artists may apply for ONLY one international residency award per year.
• Past recipients of NCECA’s International Residency award are required to wait two full years before applying for an additional residency. Submissions from recent International Residency award winners will be excluded from consideration.
Application materials as designated by the host institution (see links above). Application fees apply to both residencies.
Please ALSO email your application materials to email@example.com **** with the subject line: “2016 NCECA Residency Opportunities”
Application materials may include the following items but each application process may be different; Letter of Intent, Artist statement, Resume/CV, 10 images, etc.
• Allowable expenses include airfare, direct costs of the residency such as materials, firing fees, housing, food, or other similar expenses.
• No more than $750 of the budgeted amount will be paid prior to travel to the residency as reimbursement for airfare.
• Up to but no more than the remaining $3000 of the budgeted amount will be used to pay any monies owed to the Residency Partner site and then reimburse the resident through a reimbursement process requiring artists to provide supporting documentation of expenses. Please submit ORIGINAL receipts for expenses.
• Resident Artists are responsible for all costs beyond the amount awarded.