2017 DEMONSTRATING ARTISTS
THEME: Future Flux
The 51st Annual NCECA Conference takes place in Portland, Oregon
DEADLINE: May 4, 2016, 11:59pm MST. (CLOSED)
This is a call for demonstrating artists for the 51st annual conference of NCECA taking place in Portland, Oregon in March 2017. NCECA’s Board will identify demonstrating artists to be featured during the conference. NCECA reserves the right to curate the demonstrating artists program.
There are typically four demonstrators at each conference with two potters and two sculptors.
As a conference demonstrator your commitment to NCECA is as follows:
• A three-hour session on both Thursday and Friday
• Arrival on Wednesday, March 22 for image verification and a demonstrator video interview
• A looping slide presentation (PowerPoint or Keynote) that will be shown simultaneously with your demonstration
All proposals must be submitted using NCECA’s Online Submittal process. A link to the form is provided below. Please read the information below to prepare for your online Submittal. Your online submittal form must include the following or it will not be considered. (Only .doc, .docx, .JPEG or .PDF files will be accepted)
• Resume (2 page limit, upload as .doc, .docx or .pdf, not to exceed 2MB)
• Short Bio (Up to 300 characters)
• Head shot (upload as jpg, 100dpi 2”x3”)
• Artist statement – Up to 1500 characters including spaces.
• Demonstration Description-Plan/Concept – Up to 1800 characters including spaces
• Special equipment or assistance – Up to 300 characters including spaces.
Equipment typically available for demonstrating artists has included potter’s wheel, tables, extruder, banding wheel and simple tools. Other kinds of specialized equipment required should be clearly identified in the proposal. Please note: Open flames, paints and solvents are not typically permitted in facilities where NCECA stages its annual conferences.
• Program guide description – Up to 300 characters including spaces (If your proposal is accepted, this will be printed in the Program Guide)
Images – Up to 10 images (.jpg ONLY. Each image no larger than 800 KB)
(Image Submission Guidelines)
(Only images that directly reference the actual proposal)
• Image Title
• Relevance to presentation – Up to 300 characters
• Brief Image description – Up to 300 characters (to include Artist name, type of clay, firing, date of piece, dimensions (H x W x D)
Introductions – Is there a special mentor, colleague or friend who attends the conference that you would like to recommend to provide an introduction to your presentation? (NCECA reserves the right to assign individuals to introduce presentations when this field is left blank or the recommended person is unavailable.) Please provide his/her Name, Cell phone, Email
Abstracts, images and support materials will be made available to NCECA Board Members for review prior to making selections at the May Board meeting. Make sure your online submittal is complete. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. Mary Cloonan, NCECA’s Program Director, will notify you of the Board’s decision by email as soon as possible after the May meeting. If you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Demonstrators will receive an honorarium, conference registration (2017) and a one-year membership to NCECA (2017). NCECA will reimburse travel that includes coach domestic airfare and four nights lodging at the single rate in one of NCECA’s 2017 contracted conference hotels. Reimbursements require submission of original receipts to NCECA.
If chosen to present, your commitment to NCECA will be:
• Meeting all deadlines as outlined by your signed agreement, which include the following:
• Written and visual documentation to publish in the NCECA Journal and other promotions.
• A PowerPoint presentation (If images are not appropriate, please make note of it in your proposal)
If you have questions about demonstrating, please email: email@example.com