DEADLINE: May 1, 2014, 11:59pm MST [Closed]
Demonstrating Artists are among the headline presenters at the annual NCECA conference. NCECA strives to present makers grappling with a range of formal, technical and conceptual concerns operating across the field. Typically, four Demonstrating Artists present at each conference. On Thursday and Friday of the conference two artists present concurrently on stage and a shift of presenters takes place from morning to afternoon.
Artist pairings provide a framework for presenters to participate in dialog about decision-making in the creative process in order to provide added insight into their underlying questions and concerns in regard to their work. NCECA video records Demonstrating Artists’ presentations during conference and subsequently disseminates documentation.
In developing the program, NCECA’s goal is to present Demonstrating Artists who embody diverse approaches to ceramic creation and the ability to engage conference attendees through their capacities as makers, communicators and thinkers. NCECA’s Board of Directors reviews all submissions to this call. As with other headline presentations the Board also reserves the right to invite artists working at high levels of accomplishment and visibility in the field.
• A three-hour session on both Thursday and Friday
• Arrival on Wednesday, March 25, for image verification and a demonstrator video interview
• A PowerPoint that will be shown simultaneously with your demonstration
• A written contribution to the NCECA Journal as outlined in the following guidelines:
All proposals must be submitted using NCECA’s Online Submittal process. A link to the form is provided below. Your online submittal form must include the following or it will not be considered (Only .doc, .JPEG or .PDF files will be accepted):
- Phone Number (cell preferred)
- Email Address (preferred method of contact)
- Plan and/or concept ( 200 word artist statement and 200 word demonstration description)
- Program guide description – 50 word maximum (if your proposal is accepted, this will be printed in the program guide)
- Brief two-page resume
- Maximum of 15 images (Image Preparation Guidelines)
Please read the information below to prepare for your online Submittal.
Proposals must be submitted using NCECA’s Online Portal; link to the form is provided below.
NCECA recommends using Google Chrome or Firefox when using forms on this site. Some forms do not respond well to Internet Explorer or Safari.
Everyone is eligible. NCECA’s Board may choose to exclude those who presented at the prior year’s conference.
Abstracts, images and support materials will be made available to NCECA Board Members for review prior to making selections at the May Board meeting. Make sure your online submittal is complete.
Successful applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision by email as soon as possible following the conclusion of the May meeting. If you have questions, please email: email@example.com