NCECA offers advertising space for employment opportunities
on our website.
Download the Employment Advertising Form in PDF format
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position, responsible for managing Northern Clay Center’s Sales Gallery, American Pottery Festival, and other special events. It requires an ability to work well with a wide variety of people in a public sales situation. It also requires an ability to work independently, as well as within a group of peer colleagues. The position requires a flexible schedule, with an anticipated one evening per week and one weekend day per month, plus additional hours related to special events.
There are several direct reports to this position: the Sales Gallery Coordinator, the Sales Gallery & Special Events Associate, seasonal Sales Gallery Assistants, and the Online Sales Associate. The Manager is responsible for hiring and managing the regular sales gallery staff of three, with additional staff members on limited tenures during peak sales times. Additionally, the Manager oversees Sales Gallery and online sales-related tasks of the Web and Communications Associate.
For more information, please download the Sales Gallery & Special Events Manager job description.
Alma College Art and Design Department seeks applicants for a full-time, visiting studio technician to begin August, 2015. Primary responsibilities are for studio maintenance and supervision of the ceramics and sculpture facilities. Qualified candidates might also have the opportunity to teach a studio class each semester in Alma’s BA/BFA program. Experience with firing of kilns, metal fabrication techniques, and environmental safety policies is required. Expertise in ceramics, sculpture, 3D design and/or other studio art areas is desired.
Successful candidates will have: Completed the MFA degree; experience in lab/studio maintenance; knowledge of environmental safety policies.
All applicants must include the following materials: letter of application; artist’s statement; 20 images of personal work; a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching interests; curriculum vitae; three letters of reference; graduate transcripts.
Send application materials by May 20, 2015 to: Rosella LaPaugh, Department of Art and Design,
Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801.
A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Alma is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.
Red Lodge Clay Center is currenlty taking applications for the position of Program and Facilites
Coordinator. It is our mission to provide a place for professionally minded ceramic artists to create
new work. Red Lodge Clay Center hosts Visiting Artist workshops, lectures, demonstrations,
gallery exhibitions, and educational programming to share with our resident artists and the
general public the importance of art in our everyday lives.
Program and Facilities Coordinator:
The Program and Facilites Coordinator is a multifaceted, full-time (40 hours per week) salaried
position that is responsible for community class and outreach programs, facilites maintenance,
and operation of the retail clay business associated with Red Lodge Clay Center. The ideal
candiate must possess strong organizational, time management and excellent communication
• Scheduling and organization of children and adult community classes and outreach
• Mentoring long term residents in classroom management, teaching community classes,
and outreach programs.
• Advertise and promote community classes.
• Repair and maintain facilites including ceramics studio, grounds and housing.
• Repair and maintain equipment.
• Snow removal at gallery and studio.
• Schedule and mentor long term residents for maintenance shifts.
• Perform studio orientation for short term/long term residents, Visiting Artists and Artist
Invite Artists groups.
• Coordinate sales, specials orders, and inventory management of clay business.
• Arrange shipping and clay deliveries to customers.
• Provide technical suppport and customer service for clay business.
• Be physically able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
• Have excellent knowledge of all aspects of running a ceramic studio including studio
safety, kiln repair, kiln building, welding and wood shop maitenance.
• 24 hours access to ceramics studio.
• Discounted materials.
• Opportunties for professional development.
• 40 hours/week; occasional weekend days or evenings required
• Full Time, Salaried position.
Visit us online www.redlodgeclaycenter.com
Email all required materials to David Hiltner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Open Until Filled